Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Board Member Trunk Show

At the Colorado West Quilt Guild meeting last week the program was a trunk show, put on by the guild's own board members.  What a treat!

We were each to show three of our quilts.  Today I'm going to show Eddy's and Chris'.  They got a little mixed up when I uploaded the pictures but these first two belong to Eddy, our Program Chair.  I think Eddy and I have something in common besides just quilting.... I think Eddy likes ORANGE :)


These next three all belong to Chris, who is the 1st VP over Committees.  She is a relatively new quilter and fairly new to the guild but she has jumped right in and is a hard worker!


The pumpkin, the rag quilt and the pink quilt all belong to Chris.


This is one of her first quilts and she said she learned a lot about contrast.  I think every quilter has to make a quilt or two like this before we "get" contrast.

My first quilt, which was also pink, but much smaller than this one, had so little contrast you could barely see I'd even pieced any blocks!  My friend Ruth went shopping with me when I started my second quilt and helped me pick out fabrics which I thought "didn't go well together at all"!  Well, it turns out they did and I began to get the contrast concept much better :)


This is Eddy's "Not Your Grandmother's Tumbling Blocks" quilt.  I took this class when Marcie Baker came to town many years ago!  I too have a tumbling blocks quilt.  Mine is baby quilt size and guess what - it has orange in it :)

Love the fabrics Eddy used in this one!


Tomorrow I will share some more photos from the trunk show.  Until then.... Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment