Friday, September 1, 2017

Nobody Guessed It!


No-one  was able to guess what I was working on based on this picture - but I'm not surprised - I wouldn't have been able to either!

Anyway.... It's a tuffet!  These are tuffet feet!  I made a doll sized tuffet for my granddaughter who has a birthday coming up soon.  I wanted to paint the feet hot pink to match the fabrics.  It was really fun to make, and I think it turned out pretty cute!  My husband helped me with the stapling and the button installing because that is definitely a two person job.


I am facilitating a class coming up this month for the CO West Quilt Guild and this was a good way to refresh my memory on the tuffet making process before going and helping others make their tuffets.


This picture will give you an idea of the size of this tuffet.  It is perfect for the American Girl dolls or other dolls or stuffed animals of that size.  My granddaughter could even sit on it herself right now, but before long I'll need to make her a regular sized one :)




I also made the cupcake purse for her (pictured below).  This was a quick and easy project and every girl needs a purse, right??


They had a last minute opening at Hi Fashion today for an Open Sew day so I got to spend the day sewing with friends!  Hurray! I worked on my Turtle Woodland Whimsy block.  Colleen had a birthday so it turned into a bit of a party.  FUN day!!

Have a GREAT weekend!!

1 comment: