Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Quilt Show Taping


These are the last of the photos I took at The Quilt Show taping last weekend.  All are quilts that John Anderson showed while entertaining the audience members!  I think most are in Alex's collection (some she's purchased from guests).
The quilt above is Good Friends by Lola Jenkins.

This one is all thread work.

The quilt below was made by the Tentmakers of Cairo.  It is amazing to see up close - the work is incredible. The fabrics are very heavy to be durable for tents, so the hand work with this extra heavy fabric is even more outstanding to me.


The guests on The Quilt Show used to bring Alex and Ricky a block that illustrated their type of quilting.  This quilt was made from many of those blocks.  John was having us guess which guest made which block!  I got some of them right :)


I believe the small quilt above was made by Laura Waslowski and I cannot remember who made the last two pictured here.

Fun day!  I had such a good time!  If you get a chance to go to The Quilt Show taping, I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment