Monday, October 9, 2017

Quilts Made Awhile Ago

I slept under these two quilts at my daughter's house this week.  I made this first one 10 years ago for her high school graduation.  The reason it is called The Puzzle Quilt is because there are twelve block patterns, each made twice with different fabric layouts so they look totally different!  The "puzzle" is trying to figure out which two blocks are made from the same pattern! I remember she wanted yellow and blue, but no floral prints. Looking at it now, ten years later, I'm pretty pleased with my fabric choices, layout, sashing and even the quilting!

I think I'm hardest on myself (most critical) during the process of making a quilt and right after (because I still know where all the mistakes are), but ten years later I can say, "Not bad!"
The quilt pictured at the bottom was made by Megan 11 or 12 years ago.  I love, love, love her fabric choices too (no floral prints!  I wonder if she likes floral prints now?). I think this was a mystery quilt at Quilter's Corner and this one was quilted by Laurie Gerse. We should've put a label on it!  I need to get more consistent about labeling quilts!


Now, see if you can find the matching pairs of block patterns :) Pretty tricky, huh?



1 comment:

  1. I love floral prints now! I don't know what my deal was then, but I still LOVE both these quilts :D

    ReplyDelete