Sunday, October 15, 2017

Woodland Whimsy

I promised I would share what information I have on the Woodland Whimsy quilt I am making.  I first saw this quilt on The Quilt Show, when Amy McClellan was a guest on the show sometime last February or March I think.  I fell in love with the quilt.  During the show she said she owned a quilt shop - American Quilting - so I looked it up and discovered that it is in Orem, Utah, not far from where some of my kids live.  I called them the next day and apparently I was one of many calls that day from people who had seen The Quilt Show with Amy and were interested in the quilt.  So they started an online block of the month group last April, which I signed up for right away! I've heard that Amy has since sold the quilt store, but still has her pattern design company.  I don't know if she has another Woodland Whimsy block of the month in the works, or if she is selling the patterns or what.  A friend of mine searched for Woodland Whimsy online and was able to find the patterns from another quilt store.  With the block of the month, you receive a kit that comes with the pattern, all of the fabric and wool, plus the beads and the thread - it's a pretty awesome kit, each month.  Plus you have access to online classes that teach you how to assemble the blocks and free online stitch tutorials to help you learn the stitches.
Here is the link to the American Quilting store - which should be able to answer questions about Woodland Whimsy: http://www.american-quilting.com/blog/
And here is a link to Amy McClellan's website "Under the Garden Moon": http://www.underthegardenmoon.com/store/
Her contact information is on her website.  Good luck!  I am sure having a LOT of fun creating these blocks!
Funny story - I ordered the Quilting is My Therapy shirt from Angela Walter's - that is the name of her store and her website etc.  I happen to think quilting is very good therapy!  It calms me when I'm stressed and makes me happy.  "Any day quilting is a good day!"  The other day I wore this shirt to the grocery store and as I went in the store, a man was coming out, and he said, "My wife would agree with that!"  At first I had no idea what he was talking about!  Then I remembered my shirt :)
Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment