Friday, February 9, 2018

More From Cheryl Phillips


Cheryl Phillips presented a wonderful trunk show and lecture at the Embroidery Guild on Tuesday.  Following are some pictures of some of her beautiful quilts.  She has written several books, designed rulers and I must say - she must be a mathematical genius :) Enjoy!!





Using crayons or colored pencils to color or paint, then quilting.

She has a very unique method for constructing a Double Wedding Ring quilt!



Trapunto....



She also has a unique method for constructing a Mariner's Compass quilt.  She said, if there is an easier way, she'll find it!












This is a teeny tiny miniature quilt!  The quilting on it was incredible!




Detail of miniature above...



I've had a busy week!  Embroidery Guild on Tuesday, Little Bits on Wednesday, taught the second part of an embroidery/embellishment class at Hi Fashion yesterday - phew!  Today I'm hoping to sew the binding on my daughter's t-shirt quilt and organize my threads with some Amazing Tape I bought at Hi Fashion yesterday at the recommendation of Doe :).  Oh... and I need to do some laundry and cooking too!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment