Friday, March 2, 2018

A Beautiful Gift


At Wool Gatherer's yesterday Doe showed me the finished needle keep that she started in the embellishing class I taught at Hi Fashion.  We used Sue Spargo's Creative Stitching book and many of her threads.
This turned out fantastic!!  She does beautiful work and it made me so happy to see one all finished - hurray!!




AND what a surprise when Doe gave me a Finish Journal that she had made!  She told me about Finish Journals in class and then she made me one! I was beyond thrilled and delighted.  For those of you who don't know, a Finish Journal is where I will record everything I want to remember about projects that I've finished.  I can include a picture, information about patterns and materials I've used, if I gifted the project - who I gave it to and when and for what occasion, when I started it and when I finished it, and any other information I want to include.  I've made and given away a lot of quilts over the years and cannot even remember some of them.  From now on, I can just look back in this journal and it will be a nice record of all of the projects I've completed and gifted over the years. Now I just need to complete some more projects!
Thank you so much Doe for the inspiration and the beautiful journal :)

1 comment: