Sunday, April 22, 2018

Back from Paducah!!

I just got back from Spring Quilt Week in Paducah Kentucky!  Wow!  This was my first time and I had such a great time.  I am excited to share some photos with you of what I saw and learned.  First of all, Paducah is a town of about 25,000 people and 30,000 people come to Quilt Week!  That is a lot for a town this size to handle and boy do they do a great job.  Everyone was so friendly and helpful - I mean, even feeding 30,000 extra people for a week must be quite a feat!

We had booked a hotel in Metropolis about 30 miles away and when that didn't work out we were lucky enough to find one in Paducah at the last minute! That was amazing, and made the couple of days we spent there easier. My husband and daughter dropped me off at the convention center when we rolled into town Tuesday evening.  I had purchased a ticket to the Sneak Peek event.  (They then had to deal with all the hotel fiasco and had it all straightened out by the time I was done!)
Above you can see the crowd of excited quilters ready to go in!
The first quilt I saw when I entered was a first place winner by Marilyn Badger, who was just here in Grand Junction!!

Champagne Supernova - with a lot of amazing detail work!



Time for me to get some sleep!  I'll share more tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment