Saturday, May 19, 2018

Woodland Whimsy Quilt Top - Complete!!



I finished my Woodland Whimsy quilt top!  Yeah!  Some of you know that I debated on whether to outline the blocks with some kind of stitch.  I polled several friends and most thought the blocks should be outlined.  A few, myself included, thought not.  The quilt I was looking at, to compare, had the blocks outlined with the fly stitch. I really didn't like the look of that so much, so I decided to try a more subtle outline stitch (I used the Portuguese Knotted Stem Stitch - my new favorite stitch :) to see if I liked the look of it OK.  I did, so I kept going and did end up outlining all of the hexagon blocks. It gives the borders a little definition, hopefully without being too distracting.  I think it will be easier to stitch in the ditch around versus the fly stitch.  We'll see, because now ..... onto the quilting!  Yikes!




4 comments: